OPMON is an open source monitoring solutions for a multi-user load testing and performance testing tool for validating Web application scalability. Our proposed architecture integrates the capabilities of Open Source testing tools and provides an in-depth performance monitoring of web, application and database servers. This approach helps in determination of the bottleneck in the complete n-tier application that comprises of a client, a network and different servers involved. The outcome of such a detailed analysis for every performance parameter from all the components involved under performance monitoring, enables the developers to proactively correct the potential problems before they start affecting the viability of the product under testing.
Business Problem Addressed
There are many open source load testing solutions available today, but they do not match up completely to their commercial counterparts. Practically, Open source tools lag from their commercial counterparts in the following areas
• Effective Integrated Monitoring and analysis capability
• User network speed simulation
• IP Spoofing capability
Monitoring the application performance requires an efficient analysis of the various parameters associated with performance measures. Our major concern lies with the determination of the bottleneck in the complete n-tier application that comprises of a client, a network and different servers involved (web, application, database). Thus, a detailed analysis for every performance parameter from all the components involved under Load condition is required for diagnosing the complete application being monitored. Open source tools lack the power of COTS to go to the different servers and collect the data from them to be presented to the user in correlation with the user load. This feature has been a major obstacle in the widespread adoption of open source tools as the preferred set of load testing tool set.
• Monitor your servers for performance issues as they participate in the business process by deploying our ‘Listener’
• The ‘Dashboard’ receives data from all listeners and generates real time graphs to monitor server health under
• Maintenance of a PROFILER which allows user to reconfigure the saved sessions. Informing user of any abnormality in
the system and giving him the option to execute necessary measure.
• The ANALYZER helps user analyze the complete monitoring session to come out with the results of the performance
measures and generate a report.
• Provides no code testing, point and click wizards, report readability, usability and customization
• Enables large, multi-user tests with minimal hardware resources.
• Operating systems supported: Linux, Windows