Most of the IT departments of Insurance companies face following challenges
• IT systems need to support wide spectrum of product offerings. Moreover launch of new offerings or
change in existing offerings happen with very short notice due to business demands.
• Quality of IT systems has to be maintained at the highest level because of nature of business.
• Multiple releases needs to be supported at the same time, which means higher pressure on testing team.
• Testing is very data intensive and data generation takes huge amount of time.
To meet the above challenges, CTOs of insurance companies are constantly looking for ways to ensure efficiency and scalability in their testing activities.
CresTech having right combination of Insurance domain knowledge and Automation technology expertise has developed an Insurance Domain Accelerator, which is a pre-built, automated testing system that allows you to significantly reduce the effort of functional testing. This includes testing for new implementations, patches, major upgrades, as well as technology stack upgrades or modifications.
Accelerator has been built using IBM RFT (Rational Functional Tester). We have used keyword oriented Business component approach to build this accelerator. We are also in process of porting this accelerator on HP Quick Test Professional. Moreover, we also have this solution with our Open source framework (OP-key). Op-key implementation of the accelerator saves huge capital investment on licensing of commercial tools.
• Un-attended mode execution of tests.
• Testing cycles significantly reduced.
• Increasing testing coverage which means reduced go-live risk.
• Pre-built business flows: Our accelerator has pre-built test cases for most major business processes
of insurance industry which means accelerator can be implemented by couple of CresTech automation
experts with-in a month’s time.
• Keyword Driven Interface: Accelerator uses keyword driven approach of automation which replaces the
dependency on tool’s programming language. Users can create further tests by just including keywords
in a web/excel interface reducing the maintenance effort significantly.
• Intuitive Reporting: Accelerator has intuitive but detailed reporting which records details of every test run.
It been designed in a way to make troubleshooting very simple and provide different level of information
for different stakeholders.