|Course Code : CTRTM330||Source : CresTech
||Course Length : 2 days|
This introductory to advanced course is designed to familiarize testing professionals with the basics of Rational TestManager. This course provides hands-on instruction for those who want to explore using Rational TestManager to manage test assets, build sophisticated test suites, generate reports, and log defects. Rational TestManager is used to centralize test results and test data to assist with analysis of the results. Additionally, Rational Administrator is used to create a Sybase® SQL Anywhere-based test datastore for use by a team of testers.
• New Rational TeamTest, TestStudio, or Enterprise users. The course is designed primarily for QA
professionals who will be using the automation tools to plan, design, and manage the testing effort.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Create users and groups using Rational Administrator.
• Build a test plan using Rational TestManager.
• Define test inputs using Rational TestManager.
• Define project iterations, configurations and computers using Rational TestManager.
• Design and configure test cases using Rational TestManager.
• Create and execute a manual test using Rational ManualTest.
• Create and execute a suite using Rational TestManager.
• Run planning reports using Rational TestManager.
• Report defects using Rational ClearQuest from the Rational TestManager test log.
• Create a project using Rational Administrator.
• Create a Sybase SQL Anywhere Test datastore.
You must have a solid understanding of:
• Microsoft Windows OS, MS Windows applications and be familiar with quality assurance processes.
About Rational Test Manager
• Course Objectives
• Course Topics and Labs
Introduction to TestManager and Projects
• Inputs and Activities of Test Planning and Design
• TestManager: Central Platform for Test Management
• What Is a Project?
• Creating a New Rational Project
• Administering Privileges with Test Groups and Users
Managing Test Planning and Design
• Test Inputs
• Defining Iterations, Configurations, and Computers
• Building a TestManager Test Plan
• Creating Test Cases
• Test Case Suspicion
• Test Design Considerations
• Designing a Test Case in TestManager
Developing and Executing Manual Tests and Suites
• The Evolution of a Test
• Manual Test Scripts
• Preparing for Automated Testing
• What Is a Suite?
• What Is a Scenario?
• What Is a Selector?
• Applying Suites: Distributed Functional Tests
Determining and Reporting Test Results
• Inputs and Activities of Determining Test Results
• Test Case Distribution Report
• Listing Reports
• Defect and Change Tracking
• Common Change Request Lifecycle
• Entering Defects from the Test Log
• Setup and Configure SQL Anywhere Test Datastore
Generating Test Cases from Use Cases