|Course Code : CTMQTP 510||Source : CresTech
||Course Length : 4 days|
This core course provides a comprehensive understanding of using QuickTest Professional 9.2 as an automated functional testing tool for different environments. You will use QuickTest Professional’s graphical point and click interface to record and play back tests, add synchronization points and verification steps, and create multiple action tests. You will build upon fundamental topics by using debug tools to troubleshoot tests and use additional checkpoints and product options to broaden the scope of business processes that can be automated. Once tests are created, you will discover and correct common record and play back problems. All topics are supported by hands-on exercises that are based on real-life examples.
Take your functional test automation skills to the next level by learning to use the Expert View in QuickTest Professional.Through discussions and hands-on exercises, you will learn to create steps that work with dynamic objects and data, use VBScript conditional and looping statements to control the flow of your tests and components, and use Data Table methods and database connection objects to retrieve external data.
New users of QuickTest who need to automate manual testing and verification in a short amount of time
• Quality assurance engineers who will assume technical lead roles in the use of QuickTest Professional.
• Quality assurance engineers who will support business analysts using Business Process Testing.
• Other users of QuickTest Professional who need to customize and enhance their automated tests
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Create basic scripts from a manual test case
• Enhance basic tests with synchronization and verification
• Parameterize tests to run with multiple sets of data
• Create and reuse modular actions
• Use the Object Repository
• Use debugging tools
• Use custom checkpoints to create more precise verification points within a test
• Use the Object Repository Manager
• Describe and use virtual objects
• Resolve object recognition problems
• Identify the advantages of Expert View.
• Translate steps between Keyword View and Expert Views.
• Enter test steps in Expert View.
• Retrieve and use the properties of an application object.
• Use constants and variables in tests.
• Identify application objects with programmatic descriptions.
• Create tests that include VBScript operators, functions, and statements.
• Retrieve data from application objects.
• Describe and use various VBScript looping statements.
• Use the Data Table object to store run-time data and drive actions.
• Create scripts that access data from external sources.
• Create new subroutines and functions.
• Create and associate a library of functions.
• Use the Function Library editor.
• Identify when to handle exceptions programmatically.
Working knowledge of
• Web sites and browsers
• Testing concepts
Recommended Follow Up Courses
Advanced QuickTest Professional 9.2
• Overview Of QuickTest Professional 9.2
• Preparing to Record
• Creating a Script
• Working with Objects
• Using Synchronization
• Using Standard Checkpoints
• Using Parameters and Data Driven Tests
• Using Multiple and Reusable Actions
• Using Database Checkpoints
• Using Recovery Scenarios
• Object Repository Administration and Maintenance
• Script Debugging
• Introduction to Advanced QTP
• Introduction to the Expert View
• Using the Expert View
• Working with Object Properties
• Working with Dynamic Objects
• Using VBScript Operators, Statements, and Functions
• Retrieving External Data
• Creating New Procedures
• Automation Frameworks
• Case Study and Exercises on the Customized Application
• Post Assessments